Missouri Record Seal

Arrest and convictions can have a long lasting impact on your life. They can keep you from getting an apartment or even a job. Even if the charges were eventually dropped and there was no conviction, the effect can still be there. Getting your recorded sealed is one way to get a fresh start and help clean up that past mistake. By sealing your criminal record, it restricts access of your record from the public.


What Can Be Sealed

If you were accused of a misdemeanor that was dismissed, the charges were dropped, you were found not guilty or your sentence was suspended, you may be eligible for a records seal. If your charges resulted in any of these four scenarios, your record should already be sealed.  


What Is The Process

Getting a records seal isn’t hard, and you could complete it on your own. Start by filing the Petition for Expungement of Arrest Records form with the court where the offense was committed and pay the $100 fee. In the petition you’ll need to provide your name, sex, race, driver’s license number, current address, list each offense you’re wanting expunged, approximate date of offense and the county and municipality where the offense occurred.


Contact Howard Haake at (314) 325-9868 or (636) 332-5555 for a free consultation regarding your record seal and get help filing your petition.





Howard Haake is a St. Louis law firm based in Clayton, Missouri focused on business law, criminal defense, family law and estate planning. We handle all business matters from incorporation to acquisition as well as criminal defense charges from arrest to trial. Howard Haake helps clients in St. Louis, St. Charles, St. Peters, O'Fallon, Brentwood, Columbia, Eureka, Richmond Heights, Clayton, Jennings, Kirkwood, Maplewood, Manchester, Northwoods, Olivette, University City, Creve Coeur, Maryland Heights, Bridgeton, Florissant, Ladue, Webster Groves, Hazelwood, Hillsboro, Washington, Union, Hermann, Pacific, and throughout St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Warren County, Gasconade County, Boone County, Crawford County, Montgomery County, and Marion County.

​​DISCLAIMER: The information on this website is for general and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted to indicate a certain result will occur in your specific legal situation. Information on this website is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Evan M. Howard, Howard Law,  Avvo Profile

© 2015 by Howard Haake, LLC.

  • Facebook
  • youtube-3-xxl
  • LinkedIn Basic Black